General Assembly 2017
E.MAlumni General Assembly 2017
19-29 October (online)
During the General Assembly 2017, Active members approved the annual activity and financial reports of the Association and voted for new board members.
The voting forum opened on 19 October 2017, 12:00 CET (GA text available from 11 am) and closed on 1 November 2017, 23:59 CET.
RESULTS OF THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY 2017
The Electoral Commission, formed by members from other associations of the Global Campus Alumni, has reviewed the results of the elections of the E.MAlumni General Assembly 2017. We are glad to announce the results as declared by the Electoral Commission:
“After completing our mission, the Independent Electoral Commission hereby certifies that the online vote was conducted fairly and honestly and fully corresponded to the provisions of the Statute for theE.MAlumni Association ASBL. Hence, we declare that:
- Referring to Article 14.7 of the Statute, we confirm that the quorum was met – 72 active members out of 140 cast their votes.
- The only candidate for the President of the Board, Véronique Lerch, received 69 votes thus becoming the new President of the Board of E.MAlumni.
- 7 alumni put forward their candidature for the Board Member position, however only 5 candidacies were valid (please consult Article 14.1 of the Statute) – Michele Romano, Jennifer Vallentine, Joelle Klein, Helena Aigner and Adam Jacobi Moller. A total of 71 votes were cast for the Board Members (3 votes per each active member).
- As a result, Adam Jacobi Moller (with a total of 53 votes), Michele Romano(with a total of 46 votes), Jennifer Valentine (with a total of 37 votes) were elected as new board members.”
and congratulations to Adam, Michele and Jennifer!
In the coming days, the new E.MAlumni President, Veronique Lerch, will follow up regarding the composition of the new E.MAlumni Board.
For more details, have a look at the full report of the E.MAlumni General Assembly 19-29 October 2017, including minutes, answers to comments and questions received, and the full report by the Electoral Commission.
WHAT WAS ON THE AGENDA FOR THE GA 2017?
I. INSTITUTIONAL AND FINANCIAL
1. Acknowledgment of the successful establishment of the E.MAlumni Association ASBL in Belgium
2. Approval of Board Annual Activity Report 2016/2017 (download here)
3. Approval of 2016/17 financial report (download here)
II. CHANGES TO THE BOARD
4. Acknowledgment of the current Board composition (Click hereto see the current board)
5. Acknowledgment of Resignations from the Board (three current board members will be resigning: Tessa A Schrempf as President, Raphael Ruppacher as Treasurer, and Kersty McCourt as ordinary Board Member)
6. Election of new Board Members (Please review candidacies as presented here)
Full members were able to put forward their candidacy by posting in the campaign forum here no later than Wednesday 18 October 15:00 CET.
III. AMENDMENTS TO THE STATUTES
7. Amendments to the Statutes : none presented
All full members were invited to put forward suggested amendments to the statutes by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Monday, 16 October 2017, 15:00 CET.
(Suggested amendments should have included the redrafted text, as well as indicated which section of the Statute is to be replaced/ where the addition is to be inserted. Provided that the suggested amendment were (a) not contradictory to Belgian law and (b) not contradictory to the Statutes themselves, the suggested amendment would have been presented to the General Assembly.)