Candidacy for EMAlumni Treasurer
24 October 2012 at 12:12 AM #3998displayname671Participant
Dear fellow Masteroni,
Greetings to All!
I am Krisztina an E.MA masterona of 2010/2011. During my academic studies in Venice, I was also involved in the creation and execution of the Building Bridges Human Rights Film Festival, formed lasting friendships not only with my fellow colleagues but also some of the EIUC/E.MA administration as well.
With my dedication to E.MAalumni I’d like to submit my candidacy for the Treasurer position for 2012-2014.
I’ve got inspired by seeing many familiar faces on the current EMAlumni board (and having missed the last election nomination) here is my chance to join and support the new EMAlumni board as a Treasurer.
· I am committed to the growth and sustainability of EMAlumni association, and I like to supports the association so, it can flourish and serve its members to the fullest.
· My extensive experience in budgeting, financial planning, report writing, and accuracy gained through managing various projects such as the drafting of the budgetary proposal of the EIUC/EMA Human Rights Film Award, planning and executing (with a small dedicated team) the Building Bridges human rights film festival in Venice in 2010, planning and managing all financial aspect of a Human Rights and Corporate Social Responsibility conference.
· I am knowledgeable both in the business sector and in the non-profit. Recently completed training in non-profit and charitable law with emphasis on finances, receipting and fundraising. In addition, I bring my prior experience in fundraising and managing major donor database working with the financial team at the Stephen Lewis Foundation in Toronto, Canada.
In my vision the Treasurer not only supports the board but also influences board policies by contributing ideas and in that capacity would be positively steering the growth and future direction of the EMAlumni association. So, beyond being capable of writing financial report, working the spreadsheets, balancing the budget, bookkeeping, and ensuring solvency of the association, here below are a few of my ideas (in no particular order) that I would be also interested in presenting to the board.
· Fundraising– (developing creative ways and building grassroots support; reaching out to corporate donors as well as researching and applying for available founding i.e.: UNESCO, Open Society Institute for planned special projects and events).
· Establishing the EMAlumni Association Scholarshipin the name of all masteroni that hopefully will assist financially some deserving but less fortunate future masterini in enrolling in the E.MA program and successfully completing it. (This would allow the possibility to any masteroni to donate and give back to the E.MA programme no matter how small his/her contribution might be it would still add up nicely as a sum which capital could be secured and managed in an EIUC/E.MA endowment funds for assisting more and more masterini over the years).
· Develop and launch an EMAlumni surveyto get an assessment and feedback on the desire and need of E.MA alumni – the survey result would allow the EMAlumni Board to develop more strategic framework of communication and advocacy for change as well as developing and implementing new ideas.
· Establish a sustainable EIUC/E.MA Human Rights Film Awardin collaboration with the Human Rights Village at the Venice International Film Festival (This notion was started by a few of us from the organizing committee of the Building Bridges Film Festival of 2010. A proposal has already been put forward for consideration at the E.MA and EIUC board – a project with tremendous prospect and potential that is particularly close to my heart).
A few words about myself:
I was born in Hungary, lived and studied both in Europe and North America. Prior to my master’s studies I worked both in the business sector (in sales, public relations, research and marketing at venture capitalist and private investment firms) and in non-profit area. As a board of director at One World Arts, I am working on governance and sustainability strategies; among other things currently reformulating organisational policies and ethical guidelines for fundraising. I am also a member of the committee for its international human rights and social justice film festival in Canada’s national capital region. I’ve just completed a two-year tenure as a member of the National Consultative Committee of Rights and Democracy Student Network (Canada), where I mentored, designed and led human rights workshops, planed and organised conferences.
Thank you for viewing my candidacy for the Treasurer position and for lending your support.
All the very best,
E.MA masterona 2010/2011
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.