Penny Papaspyropoulou – 2006/2007

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    displayname217
    Participant

Hi to all beautiful E.MA souls, I am Penny a 2007 graduate who still feels that our Master has simply been a magical and highly educative experience.  Whether one remained in the hard core human rights field or changed direction, the human rights culture cannot but follow us through life. My desire for active involvement in the activities of the association has been present already for some years, I just feel that the right time is now.

Coming from an activist background with a lot of hands on experience both with grass roots movements and institutional work, I can find many ways to expand the working network of the association, create new synergies and introduce new thematic areas of work that can provide for better visibility. I am an experienced project manager currently employed as a policy officer at the European Parliament in Brussels. My passion has always been migrants and refugees rights’ along with the Palestinian cause but I have worked in many other fields like freedom of expression, child rights, corruption and financial crime, climate change.

A few months ago, in an empty room at the European Parliament during a discussion on the Future of Human Rights, I heard the only one thing that always made sense to me. It is all about constant personal responsibility and reaching out to collective action. Having this in mind, I would love to get a closer look at the work of the association and offer my ideas and creativity towards new areas and additional methods of work.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘2018 Elections – Candidates’ posts’ is closed to new topics and replies.